Melbye Skandinavia has had an incredible growth and development since its establishment in 1907. Today the business covers throughout Scandinavia and the company possesses a growing portfolio for the energy and fiber networks market and an expertise we are proud of.
- 1907 Hans Christian Axel Melbye founded H.C.A. Melbye and started selling tin cans.
- 1913 Agency for electrical materials
- 1940 Arvid R. Melbye joined the company
- 1972 Production facility was built at Bjørkelangen, acquired Norgear and Nordiska Redskap AB
- 1977 Norgear was sold
- 1985 The company was listed on Oslo Stock Exchange. Melbye purchased Kløckner Müeller and Hefro Elektronikk
- 1988 Bought back the company and took it off the stock exchange. Sold the electronics business and Kløckner Müeller
- 1990 Melbye moved into its own premises at Skedsmokorset
- 2000 The production facility at Bjørkelangen was sold as the company was centered around the core business of being a pure trading company
- 2001 Melbye is established in Sweden, by a merger with QA-Produkter. The investment in the optical fibre broadband solutions market started
- 2004 Melbye Skandinavia Denmark was established
Ida Melbye Larsen, the 4th generation of Melbye has taken over as Chairman for Melbye Skandinavia
- 2007 Acquisition of PHI Fiberoptikk
- 2011 Melbye invest in composite pole manufacturer in Canada
- 2013 Melbye must close down operations in Denmark. The company wins its first major contract for composite poles and is 50% owner of the business in Canada
- 2014 Acquisition of Raycore
- 2015 Acquisition of Viking Elektro-Group
- 2019 Melbye is established in UK and Melbye Ltd is founded. The UK subsidiary specialises in fibre optic network solutions.